CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 26, 2009

Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series

Have you heard of it?

I came across it at my library. Never heard of it before, but I have seen the last book advertised in the sale papers.

I fell in love (strong like of the character, not obsession) with Gregor from Suzanne Collin's The Underland Chronicles. That's why I went on a quest to find a new hero to admire.

Most of the books I read have a female lead. It's nice to read things through a guy's perspective for a change. Boys tend to be less whinny. Not to say they don't have issues. Cause they do. Still, reading through a guys' perspective is really fun.

The only thing I don't like about it, which can often occur in chick flicks as well, is that they always seem to have to rescue, the girl. Example of this being The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl by Barry Lyga.


What do you think of the series?

Have any other series or a standalone to suggest? Let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of it, and read two of the books a couple of years ago. I enjoyed them mostly; they were a little bit different, a little bit far-fetched and quite good.

    ReplyDelete