CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Interview will be with Suzanne Young


I first heard about Suzanne Young at /- La Femme Readers-/. Her first novel in The Naught List Series, The Naughty List, seems to be much more different than what I've been hearing of and digesting recently. That's my own fault, because I read pretty much the same things all the time. I need to branch out.

What I've been waiting for for the past six months, beside Catching Fire, is a good, fun read. I want to read something that excites me. It's not that I haven't been excited, though that isn't saying much. Practically every time I come across a book that's new to me and has an awesome cover or intriguing synopsis, I get excited.

I'm not a huge fan of The Naughty List's cover, but I'm willing to believe that it is not a reflection of the content of the story. I usually say the opposite. Sometimes I feel that publishers, or whoever is responsible for the cover art, make their selections based on how good they believe the story is, or if they wish to make a quick sale. Synopsises can be very misleading. That's why I don't really trust them. They make practically every book sound amazing. Sure, the same can be said for book covers, but I'm still sticking to my theory.

If you made it this far, I promise I will not be taking the shine off of Suzanne. Hope that it all goes well.

To find out more about Suzanne and The Naughty List:

http://suzanne-young.blogspot.com/
http://www.authorsnow.com/smitten-kittens-by-suzanne-young/




No comments:

Post a Comment