CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wings

Wings
by Aprilynne Pike


The cover is so beautiful. It fits perfectly with the story. When I initially picked up the book I didn't really know what to expect. I try to avoid reviews unless absolutely necessary. (It's so easy for others' thoughts of something to pollute mine.) That's why I have only read one review of Wings.


Stephenie Meyer said this is "A Remarkable Debut." I obviously don't know the definition of remarkable, because I didn't feel that way. However, it was highly entertaining. I didn't get bored at any point. This is a really good story. And Stephenie said it perfectly on the back cover: "the ingenuity of the mythology is matched only by the startling loveliness with which the story unfolds. "

Laurel is a blossoming teenager. What better way for her to grow than in public school. She is forced to attend, because her family left their land and hope to sell it soon. Laurel doesn't like it at first, then she makes friends with her first acquaintance, David.

After getting adjusted and making another friend things seem fine, great actually. Then after dealing with what at first seemed like acne she sprouts what appear to be wings. Now how is that at all possible? On a trip back to their old home with her mother, she meets a young man that just might have the answer. The only is, is knowing going to make things better, or are things just going to get a whole lot more complicated?

Final note: Wings is really fun at times. I really like all of the characters. Pike did such a good job at creating this great story. Unless you are just obsessed with fey, this book might surprise you. The only negative I have, is that Laurel seems to be selfishly giving herself emotionally to two guys. That hasn't really worked out good in my book. I like her now, but if she continues to toy with these guys emotions, I will not like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment