CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wake - fairly decent; Good

By Lisa McMann


It’s bad when you have a nightmare. You know what’s coming, but you can’t do anything about it. You’re frozen in fear. When you dream, Janie Hannagan can’t sleep, because she’s in it.


Every since she was eight, Janie has been able to travel in peoples dreams. She gets to experience: the joy, hate, regret, and most often fear and terror that plagues the host. Now at seventeen, her ability is getting worse. Janie wants to finally take control of this, so she can handle the rest of her life.


If someone knew, two things could happen; they’d understand, or think she’s crazy and lock her up. She highly doubts the former will happen.


Now, most stories are predictable. I guess most authors don’t mind if you have the foresight. This was a decent read, but I wouldn’t call it good, but I also wouldn’t call it bad. I just wasn’t as in love with it as I am with so many other books.


The main characters all have somewhat dysfunctional lives. All of them seem neglected in some way. Someone said that you have to suffer to be interesting. I guess that’s what McMann was going for. I did find the characters interesting. I like them, too. All in All, it isn’t a bad concept, the final product, however, just wasn’t what I was expecting.


Note: After thinking it over, Wake, is actually a good read, not amazing, but good none the less. Must like it, because I'm looking forward to the final book, Gone, being released in February of next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment